From now on, I will rename the Month of “July” to “Month Of Chaos” in my calendar. The development progress has been halted for several reasons these last weeks:
- Making the OST
- Fixing bugs
- My incompetence to finishing up things
- Vacations! (…yay…)
- Fear of failure
Hopefully I am set to continue now.
Mayhem Above development is reaching an important checkpoint, the release date! I plan on releasing the game the following weeks if everything goes as planned. There are still some small non-breaking bugs needed to be fixed though.
A reasonable amount of time has been spent implementing the SteamApi to the game. I completely forgot about the achievements and I had to get it done. So far I made 13 achievements:
- Pro Grinder: Grind a total of 100 Planetoids
- Master Grinder: Grind a total of 1000 Planetoids
- Mute Victim: Get 0 score on a play
- Indirector: Tackle 50 enemies indirectly
- Pro Bouncer: Bounce a total of 100 Planetoids
- Master Bouncer: Bounce a total of 1000 Planetoids
- Friend or Foe?: Bounce another player into a laser (you bastard)
- Outsider: Stay 30 consecutive seconds in outer space (hard)
- Insider: Complete a play without going to outer space
- Tackle Tickle: Tackle 3 enemies in less than 5 seconds
- Untouchable: Complete a play without been hurt (not hard, but requires a different way of thinking)
- Speaker Master: Activate 3 Planetoids under 10 seconds
- Pacifist: Complete a play without activating any Planetoid
At this point I miss a signal/slot pattern. That would have saved me a lot of time and it is a must for my next project whatever it is.
I am almost done with the OST, just one song is missing. I am still new at making music, but I love it. I am trying the songs to have a very well defined beat so the game does not have any problem recognizing the music impulses.
Here, have a peek: